Monday, June 7, 2010

Not a mother to brag, but . . .

I missed Chris's choir solo during the taking up of the offering in church last Sunday. The reviews so far have been good. My spy in church sent me the following e-mail:

Rossa, thank you too for the book. Your chapter left me reverberating like a tuning fork with your sense of resolve, your (inspiring) confidence in the validity of your experience and point of view. By the way, Chris sang absolutely beautifully today. His solo opened the Offertory and was repeated throughout the piece. His voice is lovely, and from where we sat, he seemed calm and confident.

I know it seems ridiculous for the mother of a twenty-six year old son to get all excited about this at his age, let alone brag about him, but, darn, it's grand that he has the growing confidence to belt out "Ain't Got Time to Die" in church. I'm hoping, since evidentally he ain't got time to die, that he will take his own advice and get busy with the game of life.

1 comment:

  1. It's not ridiculous at all. Brag! As I suggested earlier celebrate the successes! Every one of them. Indicate to Chris that he should be very proud of his performance and share with him that others are acknowledging the beauty of his voice.

    These are the successes that will allow him the confidence to try and to succeed further.

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.