Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Around the blogs

"I was fine to speak to when she thought I was 'Owning my Illness' but once I disclosed that I was 'In Denial' she just couldn't cope."

Louise at Schizophrenia at the Schoolgate makes some interesting observations on competition for scarce resources in mental health charities, and how even mental health advocates discriminate when it comes to a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Pamela Spiro Wagner will be exhibiting her stupendous artwork on schizophrenia and recovery on the 4th floor of ArtSpace, Hartford during the week-end of Nov. 12-13. Open Studio Hartford is a Hartford (Connecticutt) regional event that celebrates the arts!



Stephany at Soulful Sepulcher announces that the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF) has a name change and huge expansion plans! Still the same old pharma compromised Scientific Advisory Board, though. Also, don't miss the announcement of a new searchable adverse drug events database also posted on her blog.

And finally, not from a blog, but direct from Oz via YouTube, lounge lizard Bob Downe sings I Will Survive! Go for it, Bob!

1 comment:

  1. I suffer from bipolar disorder and it is very difficult to control. I have found ways to deal with my highs and lows through tips I found at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ba. I hope that people with bipolar find this website useful.

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer approving comments. All I ask is that you be respectful of others and refrain from using profanity.